1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 47 freezing

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ftmfrank, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ftmfrank

ftmfrank Junior Member
    from ohio

I have a e 47 myers plow and pump. It work well when its warm. Ive had the pump rebuilt so they told me. so The fluid is fresh the screen is not clogged. On cold days I have to put heat on the punp to get it to work. Can I put some denatured Alcohol in whith the fluid?
  2. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

My local repair shop suggested adding a little de-icer called heat. He said it would help with the freezing and blend in with the pump fluid ok.Just my 2 cents !
  3. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

My repair tech said the same thing. about 3oz of Heat in with the fluid and it wont freeze.
  4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

I have read on this site a while back that a person can put in a tablespoon of regular dry gas with your fluid to remove the water. The bigger problem is how did it get there? Like they have said many times on P.S., if the hydraulics leak even just a little bit, it can draw in water. It doesn't take much of a leak to draw the water in and freeze the pump. A hard one to notice is rust pitted Rams. If you can't fix it that way then a flush is in order. Watch for tiny bubbles around where the rams go into the cylinders and the fittings.

I'm not sure but it seems that 3 oz would be hard on seals.

Good Luck