1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Filter location

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jonw440, Jan 20, 2003.

1. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Ok My newness shows...... How many filters are on my older E47?
    And where are they located. Obviously I have NOT changed or cleaned them in over 5 years......... :rolleyes:
  2. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

3. Mr_Roboto

Mr_Roboto Member

Be very careful when you put the filter/plug back in. The pump base is aluminum and if the plug is overtorqued it will strip the threads. It's got a rubber o-ring and does not have to be super tight to seal. I found out the hard way, Meyer doesn't make a repair kit for these (probably because of the o-ring groove). I hillbillieized it and sold that truck to a guy that just wanted to do his driveway.
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Actually, there is 3 total. Most people only clean the 2 in the front of the unit. The third one is located in the base assembly, and requires taking the lift ram apart, and removing the reservior to get to it.

There are diagrams here to explain exactly what I am talking about.

Additionally, there are screens on the valves (solenoids) on the plow pump too, which should be cleaned. After 5 years, I would clean them. It is best to replace the O rings on them when you remove them too.

A complete seal kit for the E-47 runs about $75 and includes EVERY seal.

Don't forget to drain and flush the angle rams and hoses when you change the fluid.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

If you have the old unit with 2 plugs on the front with the metal filters attached there is a fix if they are stripped out. You retap them to 9/16-18 and use the new plugs and plastic filters. If you have the new ones and strip them there is a helicoil kit avail but it's expensive.

We keep them in stock though because it's cheaper to fix than replace the base. Jerre

p.s Chuck nice link