1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 47 everything goes left

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jpryorx2, Mar 6, 2012.

1. jpryorx2

jpryorx2 Junior Member

hey guys first post here after searching this page for hours i can't seem to find my problem. i have an older e 47 and everything is going left. this started half way thru doing my drive last week and at first it would still raise and lower but would not go to the right so i pulled the pump and warmed it up over night then drained all the oil, and pulled all the valves to clean them. while i had them out i tested them all with a battery and could here them clicking. after putting the pump back on up left and right all go to the left but also i can hear the pump slow down as it builds up pressure to the point that it will stop running. if i unscrew the coupler from the right hose to relieve pressure the motor will run again but does the same thing. the manual i have shows to check the lift problem first which says to check the b valve. swapped it out with a buddys and it does the same thing. does anyone have any ideas? right now i have 18 inches in my drive and even in 4wd it's hard to get out.

thanks

2. jpryorx2

jpryorx2 Junior Member

ok today i swapped out the c valve with a friends and nothing changed then after putting my valve back in the damn thing started working unless it angled all way left. now my new problem is that it won't hold any angle when i tried useing it as soon as i hit the snow it would slam either left or right i also noticed that i can move the blade back and forth by hand now any ideas?

thanks

3. NickT

NickT Senior Member

I have an e60, maybe your crossover relief is bad, or possibly one of the other valves good luck

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if you have one...it sounds like the slick stick has gone bad

5. jpryorx2

jpryorx2 Junior Member

no slick stick here i have the old 2 toggle switch controls. at this point my only plroblem is that it won't hold any angle or stay stait for that matter. i'm thinking/hoping maybe it's just air but haven't had the time to try any of the ways to bleed it that i've read about on here yet.

6. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic: check cross over valve,,, bet your spring is broke into bunch little peices ..and be sure and clean filters .ussmileyflag..i had e 60 work fine but had no power to angel blade under load at end of push .. spring was shot on cross over valve .. cant beleive my c valve wasnt shot ..installed new crossover and works fine now ..

7. jpryorx2

jpryorx2 Junior Member

is the crossover valve the one that goes into the side of the power angle block that has an acorn nut over it? if so i did pull it out and clean it no broken spring or anything that i noticed wrong with it. if i have the plow up it will go right and left fine but as soon as i start pushing it goes which ever way it wants to. i was thinking air because with the blade raised i can push it back and forth a good ways by hand.

8. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Its either the crossover or a bad valve that's sticking, I doubt its air in the line, if not one of those check all electrical connections

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Check meyer site for location of the crossover, I have an e60 don't want to tell you wrong

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707