1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 drop speed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sno-mover, Jan 11, 2002.

1. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

First, I'd like to say great site! I have just registered, but I have been reading the posts here for a few weeks, and have picked up alot of info. This is my first year with my own truck, and I' am as a sub for my uncle. I have a 93' F-250 with a Meyers 7.5' blade and the E-47 pump. My question is can I increase the drop speed of the blede at all. I tried a search and only found info on the E-60 drop speed, and could not find anything on Chucks Chevy page either.

Thanks

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Having previously asked Chuck I can tell you that there is no drop speed adjustment on the e47. My brother has an e47 on his Jeep with a 6.5 Meyer and it drops real fast. I would think with a bigger plow it would drop faster. Just my thinking but there may be an internal problem causing slow drop speed.

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Its not that it drops real slow, I would like for it to drop a little quicker thats all. ahh well :D

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

CT is correct no adjustment,but... make sure you are using meyer fluid or equivelent,(NO ATF).

Also,depending on how old your meyer is,they switched the dropped valve to a 5/8 stem (and matching coil), which has slightly larger holes to allow oil to flow back to res. tank and is a stronger valve/coil assembly. FYI on the meyer e-60 they got smart and it is now adjustable.

Good luck, PT.