1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Drop or Down speed ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gseinc57, Feb 5, 2007.

1. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

Hello fellow snow pushers, I am new to this business as well as to this site, which I have so far found to be very informative, my thanks to the folks who started this site. I just purchased a 77 GMC 4x4 with a Meyers, husky series 8' moldboard that has a E-47 pump and workings, everything works fine except the drop speed, it slams to the ground, the local meyers tech told me that model should not do that and that I should bring it in, 2 other people I know told me they are supposed to to that, so which is it ???, I have read all the technecial information I can find on that model and it looks to me that the drop speed is not adjustable on the E-47

Thanks for any reply's gseinc57

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Welcome aboard!:waving: Your right,technically speaking the E47's don't have an adjustable drop speed and they should'nt slam the plow to the ground.The E47's rely on the "A" valve to provide the restriction of the fluid to control the drop speed.Their is a nut on the bottom of the "A" valve that holds the valve together and if it's loose or somebody fooled with it it will affect the drop speed.If you do take it to your local Meyer dealer I'd bet he'll want to replace the valve.

3. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

E-47 drop speed

Thank's B&B for the quick responce, do you mean the ( A ) cartridge when you say A valve ? , in looking at the exploded view the only nut that is on the view is the nut that holds down the solinoid over the cartridge ? , the parts list , part # 40 ( complete ) A cart. assembley does not list a seperate nut, so are you saying that if I pull out the A cartridge I will find a nut on the bottom of that cartridge that the exploded view does not show ?
    and if i adjust that nut, if its adjustable, in which direction do I turn it and how much to get that blade from slamming to the ground, and also can i screw anything up by attempting this adjustment, and how do i get the cartridge out ,? do I just take the small 5/16" nut off the sol., remove the sol. and slip the cart. out?, or is it more complicated than that or should I not mess with it at all, I really would prefer to fix it right.
    Thanks for any advise, gseinc57

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The nut is on the end of the A valve after you screw the valve out of the pump.It doesn't show up on and exploded view because it's not considered as a replacement or "servicable" part.Its purpose is to hold the spool in the valve when the manufacture assemble's the valve.It's not meant to be used as a means to adjust the drop speed.If the valve has a problem,you replace the complete valve assembly as a unit.(not counting the solenoid).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  5. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

E-47 drop peed

Thank's B&B, I appreciate your help

gseinc57