1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 condom

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpunlimited, Nov 16, 2004.

1. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I installed a new 6.5 meyer on my jeep and just got around to trying to install the black rubber condom for the pump. It is a pain in the !%$ to try to fit it.

Does this thing do anything or should I make a new beer can cooler out of it?
  2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i cant see where it does any thing but help hold the salt in, maybe make it look a little better, it's gonna take more than that though. when you figure it out let me know and i'll dig mine out of the corner
  3. festerw

festerw Senior Member

I noticed mine didn't seem to freeze anymore with the cover.
  4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

I went to home depot and got a 3.5 inch rubber pipe cap and put that over my motor. I just put it on so i dont really know how it will work, but the price it rite for an experment....Rob
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they use to have a velcro bag that went around it

POWERBAND Member

Practice safe snowx:

My Farm equip/Plow guy had it on my new E57 setup when I picked it up last fall. He said "I usually just throw it in the bin over there cause it's a pain in the a#$, but I figgered you plowsite guys probably know it's supposed to come with a new plow".
    I haven't taken it off yet but I also was thinking it might hold more salt and moisture than protect it.

Old 88
  7. powerjoke

what do yo umean FREEZE how cold does it get up there it only gets 'bout
    -1deg. maybe once or twice a year here, y'all are to damn cold for me
  8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

thats why I loe underhood hydraulic power units, once the engine gets warm so do they pumpkin:
  9. SCSIndust

SCSIndust Senior Member

Those covers are really good. All my Meyers have a tendency to accumulate snow on them, and freeze the unit. I don't know how many times I had to get the heat gun out to unthaw them. When I got the covers, no more problems. A few words of wisdom when putting them on - 1) Put it over the whole motor and cable, and don't use the hole to put the positive cable through. 2) Trim the boot that covers the connector for the angle cylinders, or it will be a pain to attach the hoses. 3) Take the bottom bolt of the unit, and let it hang on the arm. This makes it easier to put on, when it is hanging.
  10. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they should make something easier
  11. powerjoke

You Bunch of weiners' i put mine on today and did'nt take 15 min What would y'all do if it came to work LOL

Just kidding it took 'bout 20min of my life and don't look worth a shits