1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 coils

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeep, Jul 13, 2011.

1. jeep

jeep Junior Member

So I bought a old/used meyer st-84 plow, and am now in the process of rebuilding it. I took the pump and apart to make sure it was all in good condition, and re-seal the whole thing. Now that I have all the parts to re-seal the pump and ram and angling block, I'm starting to look at the other pieces for the plow.
    All 3 of my coils have broken wires going into them. So I was out looking to replace them but there seems to be different sizes for the coils. How do I tell what coils/valves do I have? The coils have the marking on them as follows A-9 B-9 C-9. nothing else.
    Or can I take the coils apart to repair the wire?
    As well I'm not 100% sure that I have a E-47 pump. Is there any sure way to tell what pump I really have? It sure looks like that is what I have by pictures on the net and the way the angle block is. Think its from the 80's.
    I know lots of questions and its my first post but thanks for the help.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Welcome to plowsite

check this out. Is it what you have??

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf

3. jeep

jeep Junior Member

Yes that is what I have thanks. I figurred that I had an E-47 by pictures but it has no identifying marks on it.
    I pulled the A,B,C valves and they look fine, except for all the wires to the coils are damaged or broken off. I guess I'll be replacing those
    Thanks for the online manuel, it's helped a lot.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How did you test the valves with-out working coils?

5. jeep

jeep Junior Member

I haven't tested them yet. I pulled them out and did a visual for any damage, that's about all i could do. I was told when I bought it that it went left and right with the plow on, but it could not lift the plow. But with out the plow it went up and down fine. But I am planing on replacing the coils and valves anyways, and keep these ones if they work. After this I'm hoping that it will not be costing me a ton more until I see it work. After that I don't mind spending money on it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Sounds like either the pump or the lift ram packings, throw a seal kit in it and see what it does.

7. jeep

jeep Junior Member

Yup I put in a seal kit into it already (finished it at 4 am while at my job). But the wires going into the coils are cut/broken just as they come out of the coil. I'm going to be getting some new one just to be sure. Hoping to have it up and running before the end of the month and mounted onto the truck before the middle of aug. And then see how it all works.