1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 C Solenoid Check valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Willisp12, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Willisp12

Willisp12 Junior Member
    from IL.

My Plow wont go right I cleaned the C assembly valve and it seems to be working but I was going to replace the C Solenoid check valve but cant find it which plug is it behind because all of them are rusty and wont come out and I dont want to drill out the wrong one

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

welcome.....I dont think I would be drilling on that....There are a bunch of parts in there, not just a check valve.......I am not certain, but I think you have to have both B and C valves working properly, or all it will do is go left.......

B&B will probably jump on this question, he knows a lot more of this stuff than me.

3. Willisp12

Willisp12 Junior Member
    from IL.

Ok I will wait and see what they say I ordered a new C assembly just in case wont be in for a week or so

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A C solenoid check valve? Not sure what you're referring to? :confused:

There's a check under the B valve and one at the gear pump pressure port but thats it for check valves.

5. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I thought he was talking about the crossover valve assembly, but can't be certain.

6. Willisp12

Willisp12 Junior Member
    from IL.

The repair man I have showes a C Solenoid check valve on the out side of the valve body and there is a part I ordered called the same it is a small ball and spring, the manual showes it but they never talk about it and in the illustration is not real clear, this is the non adjustable valve body.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok Will you have a really old unit there, before my time :D. Yes there's a check near the front on the valve block but if it's working fine I wouldn't recommend fooling with it if it's that rusty. You'll open a can of worms for which you may not get the lid back on and be forced to replace the entire valve body.

8. Willisp12

Willisp12 Junior Member
    from IL.

Ok thanks I will wait and see if the C Solenoid Assy. does the job I will let you know and thanks again..

9. Willisp12

Willisp12 Junior Member
    from IL.

Changed the C Solenoid Assy. and everything seems to be working fine thanks for the help...