1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-47 angle problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by -STORM-, Nov 21, 2005.

1. -STORM-

-STORM- Junior Member

I have an E-47 that will only angle to the right, when you try to go left it still goes right. This started after I had the pump flushed and refilled with Meyer fluid (ATF before). Before I would only do it when it got really cold out, but now it does it all the time. I have replaced the green coil and was thinking about replacing the valve below it, but I am not really sure what else it could be.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2005
  2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I would start by pulling the b-valve and check for free movement. Sounds like dirt in the system. Check the sump for sludge, if any flush the entire system with Naptha(including angle rams). I do a naptha flush every year, can buy it by the gallon for 7.00 to 8.00....

3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Check your couplers. If they are hard to plug or unplug then they are bad. If that isnt it go to http://www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts/ and look at the troubleshooting page ant that should be some help....Rob

4. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

naptha will tear up the noeprene seals in these pumps, use only KEROSENE or Virgin Mineral Spirits

5. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Junior Member

does it go up? if goes right when you hit the up button, then you arent getting any power to the soleniod. check power to the soleniods at the pump.

6. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

go to there website and download a manual

if you do a search you can find the whole manual on that plow including the trouble shooting end . i think i typed in "meyer e47 owners manual" and thats how i found it ..
    :gunsfiring:

7. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

According to the Meyer service manual, "Flush system with napthenic cleaner. If kerosene is used to flush system then syatem must be flushed again to remove any kerosene." Kerosene is wax based, and will clog ports....

I have never had a problem using Naptha.....

8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Click on the Meyer link at the top of the page. Then click on the service link. Then clicl on the manuals link. It's a pdf file thats about 50 pages long...