1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-47 Angle problem (different than others)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gixxer1192, Dec 8, 2007.

1. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

Hi everyone! Just rebuilt pump, new hoses and fittings,filters,and new "B" coil. I filled it with oil to 1-1/2" below the fill hole like the manual said. So i angled it left (drivers side) and it went left ok, but was a little slow going right, so i figured it needed more oil to replace what went into the angle cylinders...i put some more in, and it went right ok. But when i tried to go back left, it stopped about halfway like it hit a stop or something! So i went back to the right again and it went all the way ok, but now it wont go to the left at all!! :confused: I took off the "C" coil and tried it, but nothing..It "sounded" different switching from left to right with the coil in place, but when i take it off it sounded the same (if that makes any sense) which makes me think that the coil and valve are doing thier jobs...So any ideas?? Is it possible that there is an air lock somewhere??
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

I keep remembering stuff! Forgot to mention that i replaced the cross-over valves during the rebuild. And i also noticed that the hoses "jump" when switching...could it be that it over-travelled and is now stuck???
    Thanks again.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  3. Bens95cobra8594

Bens95cobra8594 Junior Member

Did you sandblast the thing when it was broken down? Sometimes the passages can get clogged with debris and will not allow fluid to flow.

Check to see if there is magnetism to all the coils. Namely, push the control and hold a screwdriver over the coils. You should feel a significant pull when they are engaged.

4. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

No, i didn't sandblast. I soaked it in kerosene and blew everything out before reassembling so it should be clean...

5. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

Ok, a little update. I was going to hook the two angling cylinders together and manually center the blade up, but couldn't get the coupler to lock in. i kept messing with it, and finally decided to take the male end off to try and find out what the heck was going on, and oil sprayed out...ALOT!! so after the pressure was relieved, it would lock in with no problem. Could it be that my pressure relief is not venting and letting the air out of the system?? Is the fill cap on top of the tank the only vent?
    Thanks again...

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Change the couplers....Rob

7. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

If you installed new hoses and didn't bleed them, you managed to trap air in the system.
    Had a similar problem with my Brothers plow the other weekend...once we got them bled out, it worked fine.

Best I can tell, is that you end up with an air pocket somewhere in the valve body. My brothers setup would go into overload (as indicated on the touch pad). Didn't want to go up, or left/right. Went down just fine. We bled the fittings at the power anlges and topped off the fluid. Everything worked wonderfully after that.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

100% agree.

9. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

I put all new couplers on it, maybe i got a bad one? I'll try putting my old ones back on, I know they worked before...I'll also try the bleeding thing. Thanks again.

10. sefh

sefh Senior Member

It sounds like you just trap in some air. I would bleed the system and try it again. Good luck

11. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

try this : switch your couplers from side to side an see if it changes anything....Rob

12. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

Finally got time to work on it again...I laid the plow face-down,with the left cylinder (hose side) collapsed. I took the male QD fitting off of the hose and put the hose in a cup full of fluid. I then manually swung the carriage to the opposite side to fill the cylinder then put the fitting back on (like i should have done in the 1st place!). I also replaced the female QD fitting on the pump, and it works now. Not sure if it was the bleeding or the fitting, but it works!! Just in time for this big storm coming across the midwest!!purplebou Now i can keep my mother, stepmother, grandma, and whoever else(me) plowed out:angel:
    Thanks guy for all your help and suggestions:drinkup:

13. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good to hear you got it fixed... and just in time for you guys.

A good tip here is to always carry an extra set of couplers....just add them to the spare parts list.;)

14. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I see your in SE MI I have been using Meyer's for a few years now so if you need help PM me and I'll help ya if needed. By the way im in Blissfield where are u?

15. gixxer1192

gixxer1192 Junior Member

Im actually in SW mich, in Niles