1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e-46 [vs] e-47 Hook Up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Torque, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Torque

Torque Junior Member

New to the mechanics of plowing, but learning quickly. Earlier this year I bought a used Meyers Plow, with an e-46 on it. (It also came with an extra e-47)

The Current Pump (e-46) needs service done to it, so I was going to swap it out with the e-47.

My question is that the e-46 has two contact terminals on the motor. (One terminal has one wire, the other terminal has two wires.) And the e-47 only has one terminal.

Does this have to do with power angling? If it does, i'm confused, because I would have thought the e-47 had that option.

Anyways, how would one go about this? Do I connect all 3 wires to the single terminal? Or do I leave one wire disconnected? Let me know!
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

I believe that the motor with 2 lugs....One lug is a ground, the other is the power .....The one with 1 lug grounds through the housing of the motor. Do not hook all 3 wires to that one lug...it will short out.
  3. Torque

Torque Junior Member

My thoughts as well, I just want to make sure. :)