1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e 46 or 60 c valve question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dwilken, Dec 13, 2015.

1. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

i just bought an old setup to plow my drive. guy said the left right valve is sticking. pump recently rebuilt, all new hoses. c coil is strong, pulls my socket wrench right to it. magnetism good. my problem, stem/threads are peaned over and i can't unscrew nut to take solenoid off to get a valve. what happens if i unscrew it, nut, stem and all? will i be wrecking something inside, or just spinning an o ring????

sorry, header should say e 47 or 60

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  2. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

C valve is swollen. It, and the coil, are junk. Wreck the coil to get off valve, remove valve, and replace.

3. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

did it

that's what i thought too after a bunch or reading. changed them out and still have same problem!!!!!

4. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Crossover relief, or you have mismatched quick connects, or kingpin on a frame is worn out

5. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

cross over relief

ok, i checked the crossover and found a broken spring. ordered a kit. wanted to check the pilot piston. when i take cap off, the piston freely moves up and down. does that tell me anything??? i hate to sound so dumb but don't know what you mean by king pin. i wondered about the quick connects, cause when i disconnect them and try to hook them together, i can't. thanks for all the help so far

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  6. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Yup. You just need a spring and o rings is what it tells you

7. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

new crossover, same problem

just installed a crossover relief valve kit following the youtube video. man i love whoever is making those video's. but still no left on plow. next are couplers i guess.don't know how to check pilot assembly. when i looked at it, it moved smoothly up and down. any other thoughts?????

8. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

if the pilot check piston moves up and down freely and looks clean it should be good. you need to change your couplers, make sure you get pin type as they are much more reliable than ball type. change all four, a bad coupler will not allow the plow to angle.

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I'm kind of having the same problem I have an E-60 pump. I've got magnetism on all the solenoids yet when I hooked it up today, (first time in 6 months) I first tried up, no problem. I then tried to angle right and the plow went left. I tried left and it went left. Clicked right again a few times and did the wiggle back and forth but it is all the way left now. Not to sure what it is. I never disconnect the hoses. I pull the big connector and pull the release pins. It's the EZ mount plus. Any help would be great. thanks

10. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

finally fixed

finally had time to work on plow again. after the crossover kit and it still didn't work i ordered new pin couplers. bingo, that was it all along. thanks for the help everyone. i'm not much good here, but if anyone needs hvac/refrigeration help. i'm available. thanks again/dave

11. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

You're speaking of the quick couplers correct?

12. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do you have magnetism on C coil when pressing right? Does the coil slide easily off the C valve? Do you have power at C coil when pressing right?

13. dwilken

dwilken Junior Member

yes

yes i was speaking of the quick couplers. they were old ball style