1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E-46 creeping down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by DuffysLawncare, Feb 25, 2011.

1. DuffysLawncare

DuffysLawncare Junior Member

I Have an E-46 it keeps creeping down it got so bad in the last storm that it was killing my battery to keep it up to plow but ihad no choice but to keep going. I had this same problem about a month ago. We replaced the cup seal or cup packing as myers calls it and the problem was fixed now its doing it again and the cup packing looks worn out again.

Any insight would be helpful

2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Was there any rust marks in the cylinder when you had it apart? How about the O rings on the A valve? How about the valve itself, how old is it?

3. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Meyer valves a VERY finicky to dirt, the smallest particulate piece will let it creep down. Clean EVERYTHING and when you think you have it all clean, clean it again. Make sure you always replace the lift tube bottom o ring.