1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dxt ?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vmj, Dec 6, 2014.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Does the DXT V have to be in V position to disconnect and re-connect? Or can it be left in straight blade position to disconnect? Thanks,,
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

wings back, is best.
  3. jerpa

jerpa Member

If you store it in any other position your return springs will be under a decent amount of tension, which will also keep force on the cylinders. I wouldn't.
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

plus having the cylinders retracted keeps them well lubricated and unexposed...
  5. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

My dealer told me to always fold them all the way back when taking off.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have you used it yet?
  7. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

First time I unhooked mine I had wings other way as I new it had to be V'd and, I thought, "well, what the hell did I do!!?" hahaha - then I noticed all the springs stretched out and I was "Hope none of my Plowsite buddies see this!" LOL! haha
  8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

NOOOOOO!!!! all rain....
  9. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Im trying to figure out how to get this on a dolly.... That's y I was wondering if I left it straight if it whould be easyer to hook it up to truck... From what im hearing its an height issue when on a dolly for hook up..
  10. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Totally - not like the straight blade with the leg that drops down that can adjust for differences. Has to be 15.5 inches up...
  11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

GREAT..... I really need this on a dolly..... I always take the plow off as soon as im done, I take it off when I go out sanding... hate driving up to it to hook up.... lol
  12. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Boss has wheels for there v plow.. check out there site..
  13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

there not for the DXT..:mad:
  14. therabbittree

therabbittree Member

I heard that the dxt reason the dxt doesn't have a wheel kit is one of the shoe holes is square?.. I think you could mod a vxt wheel kit and make the tube square etc.. When i get mine installed I'll see if i can take some pictures.
  15. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I don't weld, but hell, seems like you could get a few roller platforms (3) from harbor freight and just drop the plow on it - or literally lift it.

Maybe these - 3 would cost $24....???

16. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Im having trouble with my DXT in getting it the marry up to the plow - Looks like I have to lift up the truck side. I measured the required 15.5 inches, but the truck is still running right into the receiver pins. Gotta get under there today and lift it up - just intake for our Noreaster----- of rain.
  17. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

The plow would have to be removed from the dollies and placed on the ground before being hooked up. It could not be unhooked if placed on the dollies while on the truck. Seems as though the OP should have checked into this before picking this plow sense he says this is a must.
  18. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

I was just thinking of a work-around - its an option...I am thinking if this is for storage. i would put it away and take it out when winter hits again. If you are putting it away after every snowfall, then that would be an issue I guess.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

With my older 9.2 Boss vblade I slide floor jack under the centre frame , raise 1 inch and roll it easily wherever I want .Thumbs Up
  20. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

The guy if need be can easily make a cart that holds it in straight position and it will unmount if he has a brace to hold the back frame up. They will unmount lifTed off the ground if the plow is tilted down.