1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DXT Weight

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by NBI Lawn, Oct 29, 2013.

1. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I looked around a bit and can't find the weight of the DXT. Looking for the stainless 9'2" and 8'2".
    Considering selling the Hiniker setup and going with this for my truck (in sig). Am I completely crazy or just partially?

2. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Hey NBI Hows it going just call Jodi from boss 1-800 286-4155 and I think you gotta be specific on which material on the Plow. Poly, Stainless, Steel ?. what kinda Hiniker You got Vee? also Just went on Boss's site for plow selector and it says if your considering a DXT then you should call that Number for Tech support

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

This is off of the Boss website.......

dxt weight.jpg

4. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for posting the info. I looked on Boss' site but it didn't have an option to scroll...the specs cut off at Trip Springs.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  5. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

The stainless 9'-2" is 52 lbs heavier than the same blade in steel ... wow, didn't realize stainless would be so much heavier considering how thin the moldboards are ... big difference.

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Yeah, but look how pretty it is when it gets rained on.

Stopped by the local dealer this morning and looksey what they had outside...

[​IMG]

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Just like Poly skins the SS skins offers no structural integrity and requires mold board frame to compensate unlike a steel skin that is a part of the frame/structure.

8. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Sure do look pertty get Wet...lol

9. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I understand ... it's not a welded unit like the steel but the poly is only 10 lbs heavier and the stainless 52 lbs ... just surprised how heavy the stainless skin is.

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Good question, the SS is 12ga (4.41# per square foot) and Steel is 11ga (5.00#per square foot). I have no idea.