1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DXT vs VXT

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by monislawnsnow, Feb 4, 2016.

1. monislawnsnow

monislawnsnow Junior Member
    from Iowa

For those with experience with both, which is your preference and why? Thanks in advance

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I don't, but wouldn't buy anything but a DXT.

The more protection the better.

StratfordPusher likes this.
  3. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

We have both and I am not sure why they wouldn't make dxt standard. It is a far superior unit.

StratfordPusher likes this.
  4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

For the slight cost difference, I have no idea why one wouldn't buy the dual trip blade.

5. hark

hark Junior Member

My thoughts exactly. I have run both, they are functionally the same. But you get more protection from the DXT.

6. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I would love a dxt, got my.vxt 3 years before they came out.
    A lot of times I wish I had a trip edge, other times im glad I have full trip. A manhole cover for example is enough to trip the vxt and slow you down.
    Next plow will be a dxt for me

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I held off buying a V until Boss introduced the DXT in 8.2 and 9.2 widths.
    There's nothing on the market that comes close to the function of the trip system which greatly reduces the force from impact in the plow and pickup.
    This my 3rd season using it and still think it's the best V plow oot there.

8. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

It is also my 3rd season on my 9.2 DXT and love it!. Also own an 8.2 VXT which is a good plow but the DXT is sooo much better. I'll be buying another this season unless they come out with the expanding plow.

9. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I've got a expending Vee.

bluevortec likes this.
  10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

You probably don't call her that to her face...

11. Mr.Markus

I would prefer a DXT but I bought my VXT the year before they came out...any boss reps want to help a guy out..

12. 1olddogtwo

You got that right! LOL

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I had 2 different flat top v blades that were full trip, I'm on my 3rd season with a DXT and it would be really hard to go back to one of the full trip only models. Much smoother plow when you start hitting things or it catches on stuff, doesn't feel like it ripped itself off the front of the truck when it trips.

14. Mr.Markus

With Boss' A frame sometimes it does just that...

Boss A frame 001.jpg

15. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Awesome

So awesome

16. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Took me a second, humour of Letterman

17. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Went from a power v to dxt, could never go back. They will rpobably stop making the vxt in the next few years, no real reason to keep it around. Can you just buy the dxt wings and swap them out on an existing vxt?

18. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I replaced an A frame on one of the old V's I had. Something about hitting a man hole cover at 20 mph and it bouncing me into a curb wasn't appreciated by the a frame or the cutting edge. I don't really understand why it didn't like that. :rolleyes:

19. Snow tracker

Snow tracker Senior Member

I have a 9'2" vxt and a 10' dxt. Love them both but the dxt is a far better plow. Much better protection

20. 1olddogtwo

Of course it's a much better design and protection, the flat tops killed a frames and did not trip.

Ok it did trip after a significant amount of force, and violently when in scoop mode