1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dxt v question..

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by vmj, Aug 2, 2014.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Just purchased a new v dxt.. gonna take some time to get use to this plow I see.... was wondering if ther I a valve adjustment to slow down swing of plow when changing positions??

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Too fast.....never to fast

Once you master it, you'll want more speed.

3. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

lol I hope so not likeing the slamming and banging right now....

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

All good Vees do that, once the temps drop and the oil thinkens a bit, it won't be so bad. Not a Boss guy but willing say No speed adjust on wings, maybe on drop. The extra banging will knock the snow of the wings too.

My westerns shake the hell out of the truck

5. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I def need some practice with this thing. wouldn't mind slowing down the drop,so it doesn't bang.....

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

There is quill adjustment for the drop speed

7. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

thanks ill have to look in booklet to see where that is...

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I printed manual off line, and there is no info in it for adjustments...

9. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Look on the back of the head gear. There is an Allen head screw with a lock nut. Clockwise will slow the drop speed. 1/4 turn at a time.

10. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

thank you I will do that... nothing for the angles..?

11. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Nothing for angle. You'll get used to it. You'll find when you activate both rams at once they slow down. It'll come to you with a little practice.

12. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

What you might be seeing in the angles is due to the return springs.

I think the "official" setup is to be able to slip a piece of paper between the springs.

We stopped that a long time ago. With the plow all the way back, we tighten return springs till they are just slightly loose - no pressure at all on the spring. Plow moves plenty fast enough and no banging back on the return - could be kidding myself but it also seems that we go thru less return springs....

In a quite shop, moving a Boss vee back and forth up and down, makes a lot of noise, makes you wonder.

13. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

14. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

your welcome.... and thank you for the video.. I just saw that last night on ur home page when I signed onto it.. thanks....

15. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I do have to play with it alittle more... but I whould consider doing this,as long as it don't effect my warranty... lol

16. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Loose return springs would have no effect on warranty I'd bet, it's probably a bit easier than it returning hard. Those springs when they break, can sound like a gunshot.

Boss is the boss, you will not be disappointed, they have great function and reliability.

Yes Boss I'm kissing up while speaking the truth - I have a 2012 Freightliner M2 in need of a plow, 10' DXT or 8611, that is the question. Can we run DXT with central hydraulics, will the valve body allow fluid flow thru - I want to take the motor out of play and just use your valve body and controller?

17. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

framer1901 - We certainly appreciate the kind words - Thank you! We do sell a Central Hydraulics box that includes hoses and quick disconnects. However, you would need to access aftermarket parts for the hydraulic controls as that is not included. If you are interested in learning more about how this system works, please call Jamie, one of our BOSS Factory Service Technicians, at 800-286-4155 ext. 2 and he would be happy to provide you with additional information.

18. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Called, asked and answered - Jamie is the guy, much easier way of getting things done. A Big Vee will be hanging up front, the only question will it be red or shiny and if it's shiny will CPW have or be able to sell one by the end of the month. PM sent.