1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dxt on a higher than stock truck?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramitt, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Well its been about 2 weeks since i've had my dxt on my 02 ram 2500.. When installing the plow brackets on truck I am at the lowest point I can go(I beam has 1 hole under frame mounts) My ears are still at about 17in from the ground(15.5 is recommended) Now I only have a 2in level on my truck.. The manual states that when in the V position that the edge of the wings wont touch the ground at the ends. Which mine doesnt... The manual says there is an adjustment hole on the plow frame itself which is supposed to help but looking at all the further the hole is back it looks like it isnt gonna do anything... So my question is has anyone used that adjustment? did it make a big difference? Hate to do all that work and it not help my issue... I realize the V is pretty much for initial pass but if I can make it right id like to..

In this pic the ground is semi unlevel but its not much better on flat paved road either

Also seems like after I got my plow all these treads pop up of problems.... UGH I hope I get a few years out of mine before it needs work :eek:
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Call this guy. He's a Boss/Snoway dealer and has a two inch leveling kit on his F250 with either a VXT or DXT -on it. I forgot which. But the guys is great and very smart with this kind of stuff.
    John at 847-672-4703
  3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

You'll be surprised what difference that adjustment makes.

Lift the blade in the air, put it in scoop, and have a helper stand on it to trip the moldboard. Much easier than the way the manual says since it's new. No losening trip springs or anything. Mine had to go the other way to get the wing tips down in scoop, not v. One hole fixed the problem totally and they were about as bad as your picture shows.

Cutting edge will wear weird with your push beam too high, though. Needs to be corrected instead of putting a band aid on it.
  4. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

If it's nose down with the wings back then the center will probably be off the ground with the wings forward. Get the truck side right then put the ballast in the bed then set that wedge. You could maybe leave the wedge out or tap a new hole. You might need to retension the trip springs.
  5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

My pictures are way to big for here
    Just go here http://www.maxwellservicesllc.com/id71.html page down and find the pictures of the plow frame.

New longer side arms
    New extra tube above push beam
    New Longer side plates
    All this to get to 15.5 inches
    2001 Dodge 2500
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  6. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

How high is your truck? Looks way higher than mine.. I think if I could move my bracket down another hole it would be dang near perfect but what I heard is no lower than 1 hole below the side plates. Problem is my bracket hangs pretty low now.
  7. maxwellp

It is 8 inches higher than a 1500 I have that is stock. Maybe 5" higher than a stock 2500.
    I have a different 1500 that has a 2 inch lift that is one hole down. That one is at 15 3/4.

For you to go lower the rear arms would have to be longer also, mine do not have any more holes to set it lower.
  8. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

I really hate to cut up my brackets to get it 1.5in lower. Ill have to see how far its off when its just angled normally.. Like I said V isnt gonna be used that much. Ill use scoop a lot more
  9. maxwellp

Did you try this to get it flat?
    Lift the blade in the air, put it in scoop, and have a helper stand on it to trip the moldboard. Much easier than the way the manual says since it's new. No loosening trip springs or anything.

Pull it out towards the truck to get your tips down.
    Try it and see what happens , If you run in scoop a lot it may wear the end faster. Just replace the edge before it gets out of hand.