1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dxt help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowplower1, Feb 16, 2015.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I put my plow in float and parked the truck and I noticed my plow isn't sitting level anymore. With the plow in v pulled back to the truck the front is touching the ground but the back of the wings aren't touching.

I dont know if it could be that my blade is almost worn to be ready to put the first cutting edge on but I have just worn my trip blade 2 inches so I'm having the cutting edge put on on Wednesday.

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

You know people are going to want pictures.

3. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I know but it's dark out so I figured I'll post this and see if anyone else has had the issue and tomorrow when I get the chance I'll put the pic up

4. scottydosnntkno

scottydosnntkno Member

If the edges are pretty worn, that would essentially make the entire plow/a frame 'think' that it's 2" lower. You should be adjusting the bump stop every so often as the edges wear so they wear evenly. They are a height adjustment but also work for evening out the wear as well.

You can tell the guys that don't adjust them; they're always the ones with the really work center and tall edges

5. Red02F250

Red02F250 Senior Member

I had the same issue. See this thread and my comment on 8/19 and the reply from Boss no 8/20. I just put the first set of new cutting edges on myself, and only pushed for about 15 hours on them so far. (More snow tomorrow) It looks like they're going to wear in, not as fast, but faster than I'd like. The plow is heavy, so I'm sure that's part of it. I'm considering doubling up on my cutting edge with a straight (cheaper) cutting edge bolted in front of the molded cutting edges to slow down the wear.