1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Durand Snow Pusher

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by carcrz, Jan 5, 2008.

1. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

Anyone use one? Here's a link selling them. Give me your thoughts on their quality since I haven't had a pusher before. Click their pics for more pictures.

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I wouldn't get one. They are all flat metal...there would be know roll of the snow. Plus the shoes don't seem to fit well. For me it would not be a good buy.

3. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Salopez.

Just my opinion here but. The snow only needs to roll when are wind-rowing it.

Pushers need to load up and be able to carry the snow across work areas.

So a flat plow surface isn't going to hurt anything here.

Want proof. Watch JohnGreers videos of his pull plow in action. It has totally flat surfaces and it seems to work just fine.

Peterbilt

4. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

We have something similar like that were I work, but they are HUGE, and on very large machines. They do work well ...

5. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

thre are better one out there for not much more. check out the scoop dogg

6. carcrz

carcrz Senior Member

After the junk walk-behind spreader of theirs I bought, I'll never let them get another dime of mine.

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Just spend the money and get a real protech. I probably could snap that box in half in a few minutes.