1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

duramax vs water

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowsniper1, Sep 1, 2011.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

About a month ago we got a 7 inches of rain in a short period of time, neighbors car were floating, so i grab one of my old trucks and was pulling cars out.when i was driving down my road i drove through a low spot it went over my hood to about the middle of my windsheild hydralocked one of my duramaxs.had it towed to a local dealership 4500$ later and about 3 weeks i got my truck back, bent a rod and broke a piston.ouch but thats been my luck lately.LOL

dmax pis.jpg

dmax pis.jpg
  2. C&T Landscaping

C&T Landscaping Member

Thats why you never drive through standing water...no matter how deep, glad you gotta fixed though bud
  3. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

thats right, I always make sure it is flowing really fast before driving in
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You were pulling floating cars?
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

fyi better check the front and rear diffs and tranny and tcase for h20 also. thay are much lower than engine intake. be glad all of them have drain and fill plugs on them. but full synthetic oils now so payup
  6. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

i was pulling a couple of neighbors cars to higher ground,the dealer changed all of the fluids