1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax Reverse Speed! Please list speeds!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by firstclasslawn, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Before next winter, I will be purchasing a Duramax diesel. I know the reverse gear isn't the best for plowing, but I was wondering if you guys could list how fast yours will go in reverse (to the limiter). I ran a 02 one night and it went 17. I guess what I was wondering is if the 03,04,05 and 06 all went 17 or if they are different! Thanks guys!

2. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

They aren't going to go that fast, it's just one draw back the you'll have to deal with. It sucks but, in a lot full of cars I wouldn't wanna be backing up faster than 17 anyway. JMO

3. HayBay

HayBay Junior Member
    from Ontario

Duramax

Ya mines about 20kmph-25kmph in reverse then gets up in the rpm. Speed seems good to me. Any faster and I would be getting into trouble. Engages into reverse instantly from any other gear. Tranny Temps are always low going forward or back for extended periods.

4. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

How fast do you want to go in reverse? I see lots of duramax's runnin around here and they go as fast as I care to go in reverse. Going fast in reverse with 1000lbs hanging off your truck, in a storm, with ice, is silly.

5. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

As fast as I care to. I believe my 06 will go a few more MPH than my 03 but I'm not quite sure.

6. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

2005 2500HD 6.6 Duramax 8'2" V Boss

Ditto Haybay

20kph@2000