1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax ready for snow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by campkd6, Dec 21, 2012.

1. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

All ready for snow to bad it didn't happen gotta love the weather hype.

duramax2.jpg

2. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

How do you like that PPE tuner?

3. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

I like it. I'm able to get mid 20's mpg on highway on Race tune and blow smoke on the Extreme tune. Done free mods on the air box and turbo inlet pipe is ported and polished. Have you done the high idle mod on your truck?

4. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

Looks good

5. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Thanks. Just wish it would have snowed enough to push got a salt run in. Were supposed to get 6" and got 0.6"

6. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Yes I have done the high idle mod and love it. Truck warms up so much faster. Didn't have it last year and had to wait for ever for the truck to warm up enough to clear up the windows.

7. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

So easy but so nice

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, same thing happened here for us about the hype.

9. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Wish the weathermen would be held accountable for their actions like normal working people. Get paid huge money for being wrong, we would get fired for much less in a normal job.

10. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Nice to see that New Englanders aren't the only one who ***** about the weatherman!

11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

No kidding. We were told to expect 4-6" We ended up with about 1-2" on the grass and 1/4-3/4 of an inch on the pavement.

I dropped the blade at a couple spots that don't get salt or have elderly clientele and everything else was salted away.

12. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Truck looks good. Sorry about the no snow. We ended up with 11 inchs and it was **** heavy. I live in the country and had a 4ft drift that went from the road to my garage, about 150ft.

13. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Would rather have had 11" than 0.6" at least could have some fun. Then I may have got to try the JD CT332 in the snow.

14. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

We just got a JD 323D a day before the storm and it worked awesome. The tracks are great. It lost power before ever losing traction, I was very impressed.

15. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

That what I hoped just gonna use it around the house and shop but may have to push back piles if we can get any snow this year

16. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

that's crazy, we are usually the ones who get ****** for snow, but we ended up with i think 2.2 inches which was enough to go...my city in particular gets missed more than the surrounding cities...i have seen countless storms come straight at us, break apart, go around, and hit all surrounding cities...they call it the Tonganoxie Split which is supposably BS but i'm a believer, or at least SOMETHING is making these storms split apart...

our first predictions were 4-6, then they dropped it to 2-4...i'm happy with anything over 2