1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax pulls big FedEx 18 wheeler out of the snow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by prostreetcamaro, Feb 15, 2007.

1. prostreetcamaro

prostreetcamaro Junior Member

2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

That is the coolest thing I have seen this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bluebounc :bluebounc wesport Nice find. Post that on the ford and dodge topics, see what kind of comments you get.:dizzy:
  3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

My brother in law used to pull CCX semis around in the snow at the CCX terminal with his '86 Ford diesel all the time. He worked there and if they didn't get the lot plowed out in time the night drivers would get stuck trying to get back in the yard. The Fed Ex video is cool but not really a great feat since the semi is also helping.
  5. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I pulled a NEMF tractor trailer up a hill and around a corner into a parking lot yesterday, 48 foot trailer empty and a six wheel day cab tractor. He was just sitting there spinning. I hooked a chain and couldn't get any traction, had to beat the bag off of my truck for at least 5 minutes before I got him up over the crest of the hill. Wasn't so much the weight, but uphill on slick wet packed snow. I burned some rubber off my tires, but I wasn't going to give up because the cop didn't think I could do it. I had the 810 on but only about 600 lbs in back. Last week I had 6000 lbs in back, might have had an easier time of it. I wanted to take some pics but I didn't want to stop and waste time while the cop was directing traffic around us.
  6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

My thoughts exactly... the pickup did a small portion of the work to get the truck moving... now if the semi were not providing any power to move then that would be impressive...
  7. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I haven't pulled a semi out or anything that impressive but this past week we had 2 little storms come in with 3-4 inches of snow and 30mph wind. I stopped and pulled out 4 Fords - 2 which were plowing, one off a gravel road and the other out of a ditch. 2 dogde's were stuck up to there grill being stupid thinking they could get through a wind packed drift which just shut them down.
  8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

thats cool i like it even if the tractor was helping
  9. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Makes me feel kinda dorky for thinking it was cool to pull my neighbor's Rendezvous out of his driveway this morning.
  10. Smokinlbz06

Smokinlbz06 Junior Member

Cool Video......Dmax Power
  11. truck5029

truck5029 Member

If the truck driver had chain's like they carry out west he would not got stuck
  12. Lee-Way

Lee-Way Junior Member

x2 smokin

That is duramax power...........
  13. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I've pull started numerous tractor trailers with our 96 F-350 4x4 wrecker. Amazing what these trucks can actually do when they need to.