1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

duramax plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by S120483, Dec 6, 2005.

1. S120483

S120483 Junior Member

got my western 7.5 poly pro installed on my truck and now I need to install another plow on a different truck. This one is tricky. Its a 2003 Ext. cab long bed 2500HD 4x4 with the durmax. I went on the western website and it sadi the biggest plow i coudl do i the 7'6" standard poly. I want to put the 8' poly pro on it and the 2000 reciever mount salter. With the torsion bars cranked will my truck handle the 8' poly pro? Anyone plowing with this combo or a similar one? Thanks

Jay

2. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I have the short bed version of your truck with the very heavy 8' X-blade with a double sided cutting edge. I added timbrins and cranked the bars about 4 turns before I put it on.

She barley moves. I'm very happy, you will be too.

3. S120483

S120483 Junior Member

timbrens?

i was told by my local western dealer that timbrens do not help carrying abilty, that they only inporve the ride with the plow on the front. Is this true or what? I will get them if they help that much with carrying ability. Right now my 2500HD crew cab with 6.0 v8 sags a bit with the 7.5 poly pro. It has no timbrens, torsion bars cranked 6 turns each. With the plow up the arms touch the bump stops.

Jay

4. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Timbrens work

Heres the scoop.... I turned up my bars the day I bought my truck 4 turns to help level the rake. From there I added a 8' HD Fisher. Too heavy per fisher, exceeded the 62% Front axial recommendation. It sagged a little but much less than expected. I put on my buddy X blade and it sagged a lot more. similar to my old 1500 with a 7.5. It fit in my garage so I went and added the timbrins and swapped for the x-blade the next week.

It bobs when I lift the plow but hardly sags at all.

I tell you from experience it helps allot, I would recommend them for everyone.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005
  5. GreenDuramax04

GreenDuramax04 Junior Member

I have a '04 Duramax 2500 extended cab log bed with 8' Western Pro Plus. I cranked the t-bars a couple turns and everthing is fine. I usually put about 1000lbs min. in the bed to even everything out. I've had no problems.

Jesse