1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax lb7 advice

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Greenery, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Hey guys I've been searching for a 1 ton dump and 4x4 diesels seem pretty tough to find. I have found a handful in my price range but not really what I want. I did happen to find an 04 chevy with the lb7 that has 90,000 miles that I brought in to the dealer for an inspection. Everything checked out new injectors 30k ago that they checked and are good, new glow plugs and harness 10k ago, drives strong and seems to be good to go. The one problem is the dealer did notice a slight oil leak or "seep" on the right head gasket. The Service manager didn't seem to be very concerned saying it could easily go 300k without getting worse or causing a problem. typically when I hear leaky head gasket I tend to move onto the next one.
    So what's your opinion, move on or not?

2. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

Well I Decided to pass, I don't know why I was even considering it. Fortunately enough I also found a newer one with the LBZ for a very similar price. Hopefully this one checks out at the dealer.