1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax Fuel line assembly

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrodgers, Dec 8, 2008.

1. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Does anyone where I can get fuel line parts for my Duramax? I am looking for the little plastic "T" on top of the injector because I broke it off by accident when I was changing my fuel filter (why they cant spring for some metal I dont know). I also need the little clip that holds it on. I checked Chevy today and they only sell it as an assembly and they want $155:eek:. They also want $11 dollars for the clip which is totally ridiculous, what i need is probably about $.50 worth of parts. Thanks in advance....

2. r7287

r7287 Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

Im a chevy parts guy in akron and i have run in to that before. As far as i know there is not many places making replacement parts for the d max
    the d max is an isuzu engine you may try a medium duty isuzu dealer isuzu normally sells the same part for less and sometimes they will service
    things differently than gm. Good luck!!!

3. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

Thanks I found it online in Arizona for $104 so I had it overnighted. Why I can order it online and my dealer wants $50 more right here I dont know. And why it was so much for 15 inches of hose and 4 pieces of plastic I dont know either. I guess someone has to pay all those millions of dollar worth of jets.

4. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear your problems but I can't understand how or what you broke when doing a filter R+R.There are no injectors nearby--I've changed many on my 3 D'maxs,maybe you're using a different term.Anyway,usually the Diesel Place.com would have an answer for you in the future.

5. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

The fuel filter on my dmax is under the hood passenger side and the injector is right behind it (2nd in line from the fire wall). The filter wasnt going on straight so I pushed on what I thought was a wire harness and it was the top of the injector where the fuel hose connects. It is plactic and it was cold so I guess it must have broken easier maybe it was more brittle. Anyway got the new one and put it on so Im back in action. It also just got the truck out of the shop because it needed a new TCM modular for the transmission. The truck has 52,ooo miles on it and was out of warranty, but luckily my dealer had it covered for me because I have bought a few vehicles from them. I wonder if they paid for it or if they had GM pay for it, I dont know how that works.