1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax/Fisher combo

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by pensty, Dec 12, 2009.

1. pensty

pensty Junior Member

Finally got around to snapping a couple of pics of the rig. There is a pic of the truck and plow, the backblade that STR made and installed, and the console I had made at AccuFab to house the switchgear and CB radio.
    The 2500HD has Timbrens up front with the T-bars turned up along with 800lbs of patio stones at the back of the bed. Without a 2" lift, the 285's do rub the odd time.
    A BackRack supports a truckbox, backup lights and the Grote LED beacon.

Just one snowfall here in Ottawa so far, but the rig is performing well. The D-Max is certainly up to the task!

Hope everyone has a safe and profitable season.

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!
  3. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

very very nice unit- that's a new body version of my truck! question: do you have a cutting edge for the front of the plow
  4. pensty

pensty Junior Member

Thanks for the thumbs-up guys! I haven't got a cutting edge for this blade yet. I will wear it down for a season two before installing one.
    The next installs will be a snow deflector and a box of some sort in the bed for holding salt/sand mix.
  5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

so when you are pushing, the backdrag edge folds back and you're plowing with the tripedge??
  6. pensty

pensty Junior Member

You got it. The backblade hinges up enough that I can install the skidshoes if I choose to.
  7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

i guess i just don't understand why fisher makes the cutting edge an "optional accessory" on HD plows.. ya know what i mean?
  8. pensty

pensty Junior Member

If you bolt on a new cutting edge on a new trip edge, you will see that they are even with each other along the bottom. Why not get a season or two out of the tripedge and THEN install a cutting edge instead of wearing both evenly? You have nothing to lose, just remember that a new cutting edge must be installed sooner or later.
    For that matter, I will only be attaching 18" or so of cutting edge from each end of the blade instead of a full length. The edge wears in a 'smile' type of shape, so you can save a bit of money by not buying a full width cutting edge.
  9. pensty

pensty Junior Member

One more thing.....If you are going to install the 18" cutting edges, have them stick out an half-inch or so past the ends of the blade to act a s a wearbar for running along curbsides.
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a really sweet setup!
  11. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking set up
  12. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

Great looking snow pusher !
  13. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Was that back drag edge custom made? How much if you don't mind me asking? Nice rig- best of luck with it-:drinkup:
  14. pensty

pensty Junior Member

Sure thing....it was custom made at a local dealer here for 300 and change (plus our stinking 13% fed and provincial taxes). They did a pretty good job of nipping the cutouts with a plasma cutter, it seems to be attached quite well, and they slathered on some black tremclad.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I'm pretty happy with the results. I installed everything myself and took a lot longer and I'm certain a lot more care than someone else might.
  15. blackjack219

blackjack219 Member

Very nice setup, I'm sure you'll get some snow soon !!
    Good Luck this season
  16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that console is bright.
  17. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

Best combination right their... Can't beat a duramax with a fisher... Nice truck!
  18. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Is it only 2WD because there is no sticker on the back of the bed. Maybe Im missing something.
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is a wicked sharp looking set up.
  20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Nice truck!!