1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax crewcab with boss v plow

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rusty3506, Jul 6, 2011.

1. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

OK I have a 2007 duramax Crewcab hd classic, and i just got a boss 8 2 v plow from a friend, I know the truck is not set up to plow because of the weight on the front end.. my question is do any of you plow with a chevy crewcab diesel ? Have any issues ? Any thing break ? Any recommendations?

2. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I have one and the only thing is your ride hieght and you will wear out the front end parts every year if you never take it off.

3. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

Rusty3506 - there is a ton of good info on this site....I would personally recommend starting at the Boss forum and the Chevy forum - there are tons of guys out here that have similar set ups. When you picked up the plow did you get the wiring, a joystick and the truck mount? If you are doing anything commercial, check out the Strobe forum (in the event you need lights). Bigger alternator, maybe a 2nd battery, beefier suspension may be some other thing that you may need.

Hope that gives you a good start....

Last but not least, congrats on the plow!!

:)

4. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

Thanks for the info!
    I got every thing but the wiring with the plow... I have the joystick but i will up grade to the handheld
    And yes i will be doing commercial lots so strobes are on the list of things to do..

5. 2004chevy2500hd

2004chevy2500hd Senior Member

rusty3506 - you may want to check the used equipment forum for the wiring - then again you have the option of buying new....check ebay...or maybe craiglist....
    Whatever you do, just take care of it and do the schedule maintenance...

Good luck and post any other questions...