1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax crewcab with boss v plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rusty3506, Jul 4, 2011.

1. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

OK I have a 2007 duramax Crewcab hd classic, and i just got a boss 8 2 v plow from a friend, I know the truck is not set up to plow because of the weight on the front end.. my question is do any of you plow with a chevy crewcab diesel ? Have any issues ? Any thing break ? Any recommendations?
  2. bigdeezle442

bigdeezle442 Junior Member

I have an 01 Chevy 2500HD CC SB with a Duramax and a 9'6" Fisher and wings. Worked fine for my lots but I only due wide open lots. I upgraded the front end aftermarket parts but other than that nothing. This past year would have been the year to brake stuff.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I've plowed with 3 Dmax CCSB's all with 8.5 MVP's and never an issue. In v mode with the plows up they were all around 5,600lbs of front end weight. They handle it great IMO.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have an 09 with an 810 Blizzard. I put in Timbrens and welded in the front gussets. No problems yet. I'm the only driver and I don't beat on it.
  5. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

Thanks guys, just was reading about all these broken and cracked frames and made me start thinking maybe not to run the plow on that truck. I'm thinking it might have a bit to do with the operator as well.?
  6. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

We have (8) D-max's not all crew but we all run 9'2" on all but 1 of them and that's because we got a good deal on a used 8'2" poly when we were up fitting that particular truck. What we do is simple crank torsion bars up 100% of the way, get alignment install plow....no issues anywhere. 1x per year have suspension inspectioned when doing DOT inspections.

Good luck.
  7. rusty3506

rusty3506 Junior Member

Any one know where I can get a set of Gussets and maybe even installed? I would do it my self but not the best welder..thanks, much appreciated