1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax Chiped up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by rnblase, Nov 30, 2003.

1. rnblase

rnblase Senior Member

I have a 2003 GMC 2500HD 4x4 with the Duramax.

I put the Duramaximizer Chip and the Tech IV Programer on it, and it was like puting a nitros sytem on my truck this thing when you turn both chips up it will brake the tires loose at a 20mi an hour roll. It is scary fast.

When you keep both chips turned all the way down it acually gives you better gas milage (about 1mi pr gal).

Rick

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

Duramaximizer is a pressure box, its not the best way to get power in most peoples oppinon since it has a higher likleyhood of fubaring your system.

Whats a tech IV?

There are 2 ways to get more fule into a diesel(and thus more power) Hold the injector open more(pulse box) or turn up the pressure so it sprays more for being open the same time. Or you can do both....BTW stacking boxes(putting 2 chips or boxes on at the same time) yeild great power(especially when stacking a pulse on a pressure) but you can easily put more power to the allison than it can take.

I've got the juice on my truck with the attitude controller. Chipped duramaxes rule :nod:

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i know exactly what you mean about feeling the power gain....unbeleivable. i went with a 4 inch exhaust, intake and the power edge juice box on my duramax. she moves pretty good. its the ultimate sleeper in my opinion... the rice boys dont see it coming.

4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

really confuses em when they get beat buy a truck rattling and clanking away and blowing black smoke :D They dont know what real power is and it really sends em for a loop.....probably dont help to have thier GF asking why they just got beat by that noisy truck that is blowing smoke like its going to kerspload :rolleyes: