1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

duramax and plow prep

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stovezbt, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Stovezbt

Stovezbt Junior Member

I just want to make sure, plow prep is available on extended cab short bed HD's with the dmax. Buypower won't let me spec it that way, so I am looking to clearify.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i have an 02 duramax extended cab short bed with plow prep. unless they changed the rule for some reason, you can get the plow prep on 03's i would assume too.

3. Stovezbt

Stovezbt Junior Member

I think that gm's site is just mistaken. Thanks for the reply. I was sure that this was the case.

later

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

If I remenber correctly you cannot get plow prep with the duramax. At my dealer we spec'd. out a new 03 for my friends dad last year and the plow prep was not avail. There is a reason why, but I don't remember. Call your Chevy dealer. We were building him a truck to order from the factory when we found this out. If I'm wrong I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure there is no plow prep avail with the duramax, unless it changed for 04 and I don't know yet:eek:

5. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

Weight

I think the weight of motor and tran is the reason why on any thing other than Reg cab .

6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

It was offered in every configuration,except a crew cab. So I would jhave to say yes you can get it,unless they have changed things.

7. mrshep68

mrshep68 Junior Member

I have a 2003 2500hd short bed with dmax and plow prep. Not sure about the 2004.

I believe that with the diesel and extended cab u have to go with the short bed to get the plow prep.

Jonathan