1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax 3500 SRW Boss Ploy V XT

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rjlucas4th, Dec 16, 2010.

1. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

I've posted several pics and vids of the Honda Big Red with the Boss V Plow but here are a few pics of my truck that I use as well. I also have a box I made for the bed that fits right behind the Gooseneck ball to the tailgate so it doesnt slide that weighs approx.1600 lbs which helps alot. I dont salt so I had to do something for some weght.

I also added a couple of my Dually hauling back units from an auction with a Big Tex 28ft tandem dual gooseneck and another with a 40ft one. :drinkup:

boss.jpg

boss2.jpg

snow.jpg

dually3.jpg

haulin.jpg

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I sure hope you have a nice .45 when hauling those quads and utv's!!!

3. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

Actually I do carry a XD .45 but so far havent had the need for it. Hope I never do.

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice set up you have, I did't see any lights on top of big red? (light bar)

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

nice trucks if your ever in pa feel free to stop and drop off a quad or 2!!

6. FSUPERDUTY

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Me like XD!!!

7. teamgreendude

teamgreendude Senior Member

how doesyour red 3500 do with the 9'2'' vxt ? I'm still unsure if I want and 8'2'' or 9'2'' vxt on the front of my 2500hd D/A.

8. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

great looking truck! :drinkup:

9. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

I only have the 8'2" vxt. I thought about the 9'2" but decided it may be more difficult to use in tight areas. The truck handles it well though and the added weight helps a bunch and I also cranked the t-bars up some too. I dont think you would be dissappointed with either plow.

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

those are some nice trucks and quads you got there

11. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

at least you have better taste in sidearms then trucks

lol!!!

nice rigs!

12. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

I've only got a small LED strobe on the truck that I take off when the plow isnt on.
    As for the taste in trucks, Duramax and Allison is a hard to beat combo when you pull alot. I've crossed the scales a little over 30k with the dually and it really does a good job. I like the way the Ford looks, but the 6.0's were not a good engine choice and the 6.4 seems to be the same and terrible fuel econ. One of my good customers is the Diesel tech at the local Ford dealer and he drives a Duramax so that speaks for itself. Although I have driven an '11 F-250 and was very impressed. The dodge is also a good looking truck, but I hate a manuel tranny and their autos dont seem to hold up real well in the diesels from people that I have talked to. If I wanted a 6 speed though, the cummins is a sweet motor too. My dad has a Monaco motorhome wiht a ISC series cummins and it weighs 41k and still gets around 7.5 mpg here in the mountains but its mated to an allison tranny.

13. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

what exhaust do you have on the red truck? also is it an hd and you took the hd off?

14. rjlucas4th

rjlucas4th Member

It has a 4" MBRP exhaust and an Edge Juice w/attitude programmer. Its a turbo back system so I got rid of the cat too. The dually also has a 4" MBRP dual system turbo back. Its the new truck with all the emissions on it so I deleted all that crap with EFI Live tuned by DuramaxTuner. Both trucks run extremely well and are pretty decent on fuel.

15. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

nice!! big tex trailers are solid! Tow real nice.

16. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Nice trucks, love the tow rig!!

17. lawnscapes2

lawnscapes2 Junior Member
    from zone 5

Nice Rigs man!!

18. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Got any pictures? Sounds interesting.