1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Duramax ? 2500 4x4

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bossplower, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

.I have a chance to get a new diesel GMC 2500 for 27000.00.
    Are these good plow trucks? Good engines? Will it handle a
    9ft. Boss v plow ?

Reg cab 2500 air, pwr windows, cruise a little better than a work truck does $27,000.00 sound like a good price?

Thanks Steve

2. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

Doesn't anyone have a Duramax? Maybe I should get a 6.0 with a reg tranny.
    Little help please.
    Thanks Steve

3. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

Sounds good to me , sure it would make a good plow truck if I'm not mistaken the Allison tranny comes with the diesel. A plus is it's a GMC which IMHO is alot better looking than the Chevys. The price I'm not sure if thats a good deal but doesn't sound too bad. Hope this helps and with a new truck the warranty is always nice if you do have a problem.

Bob :D :D

4. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Does that price reflect rebates, if not then its a smoking good price. If it does reflect rebates, then the price is ok. Those trucks are good for plowing, it will handle the 9.2' boss plow. The engines are very good, and the trannies are strong.
    Dino

5. Mac

Mac Member

I personally would not put a 9.2 Boss Vee on a GMC 2500. I would go with the 8.2 Boss Vee

But may be with Timbrens and ballast it might work.

6. myo

myo Senior Member

That is an excellent price.. go for it

Good engine, good tranny and nice looking truck. I would go with the smaller v plow, that should do the trick

7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Good truck but stay with the 9'2 (that extra foot is always nice)

5-6 turns on the bars and 600# in the rear or a back plow