1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Durability A+

Discussion in 'Back-up Buddy - Back-up & Utility Lights - Trucks' started by vamootsman, Mar 4, 2010.

1. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

So, I smashed my backup Buddy into an Ice pile that was still there from December, so needless to say it was really solid. Totally bone headed on my part. Going to fast in reverse, no traction, BAM! Shook the whole truck. First thing I jump out and look at the BUDDY and OH !#$%. Blew it up. Cussed myself, took it off and continued on the job. Got back to shop later to survey the damage. Bent it a bit, blew the LED into the body and filled it with snow. Figured its done, but maybe I can put it back together.
    Cleaned out the snow and dried everything out, took it out an plugged it in and Holy @#$% it still works! Beat it with a hammer back into shape (may not work every time) popped the LED back in with the Gasket, and It's fine! I'm impressed. Not that you'll get away with doing something that dumb every time, but the thing is built well enough to get beat by the ice pile, the hammer, and me, and it's working fine. Good stuff.

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have two that are similar to the back-up buddy. Mine are very durable, I back into piles all the time. The only thing that happens is they the lights point upward. They are nice to have.

3. backupbuddy

backupbuddy Senior Member

Do you have any new pics of the new pups they must be getting big?