1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dunning Ent./ Devins Lawn Service winter 2010/11

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by devins, Dec 7, 2010.

1. devins

devins Member

ok, to start im 15. i run devins lawn service, next winter i will start plowing a few drives. this thread will mostly be pictures of my dads winter he owns Dunning Enterprise. the truck is a 1990 Chevy 15004.3 with 7.5 Myers. here is some pictures for 12-6-2010. i went with him, wo got off school yesterday and today. more to come. also i have a video from the worst dive ive ever seen. hills, and turns, 90 degree bends, ravines off to the side.. its bad. ill upload that later.

first picture is what i woke up to at 6am.
    second is pulling into a drive out in Munson.
    third one is the customers 1 ton. he had that out the night before, that is all the snow that had fallen overnight!
    forth. looking out the drive and in the road
    fifth is well.. the truck in all of its glory!

101_2483.jpg

101_2486.jpg

101_2488.jpg

101_2489.jpg

101_2491.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. devins

devins Member

more pictures.

3. devins

devins Member

more pictures.
    forth picture. the kubota isn't ours. its thew customers. hes a family friend and was scraping down the drive. when we came back for the second push of the day he had cleaned the whole drive with the tractor..oh well.. they signed a contract! payup

fifth:the end for now lol:laughing:

101_2493.jpg

101_2495.jpg

101_2499.jpg

101_2505.jpg

101_2506.jpg

4. devins

devins Member

5. Silverado10923

Silverado10923 Member

Great pics young man. I am jealous, i want some white stuff.

6. devins

devins Member

Thank you sir, yeah, we got hammered yesterday, my dad had customer that he did at 5:30 calling at noon, asking if he was going to come plow today lol its still snowing here today

7. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Nice pictures but I have a begging question. How do you "own" and lawn service company being 15? Do you like go out and cut grass in study hall or something? Just curious cause I swear there is hardly anyone on here over the age of 25 and they all have "empires".

Either way I'm down for some more pics ;)

8. devins

devins Member

@ 466 bb - i own devins lawn service its just me a one man show, but im making money, so its all good, i have a thread somewhere on lawn site...

and ill get more pictures when we go back out later for yall

9. devins

devins Member

well haha here is a couple more pictures of Dunning Ent. we went out to my dads buddy's house to plow him out and well..his buddy's truck wouldn't goo out of the drive..ill let the pictures speak for themselves

101_2526.jpg

101_2527.jpg

10. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Man, working with your dad is great. I have been doing it for 4 or 5 years now and it is the best learning opportunity and way of bonding. And a reason for your dad to give you money!

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great pics...that is def a crazy driveway

12. devins

devins Member

yeah, working with your dad is a great experience, i almost feel bad, when i don't go along with him..

drive sure is crazy!

so, now new snow pictures, but got some of what my dad did today. wish i went with him for this..he went out to plow a drive that hadn't been touched yet all year. did it fine, then went to plow off into the yard to put a dumpster there....keep in mind this is the house he burred a skid steer and the steak-body, twice, at 2 weeks ago...he gets 3 pushes in and goes for a 4th, feels the truck starting to sink, it just sinks! first stuck of the year. had to call his buddy to pull him out with the jeep. then when he got home, found out the oilpan on the truck is shot, big puddle of oil under truck:cry:

101_2536.jpg

101_2537.jpg

101_2538.jpg

101_2539.jpg