1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dun & Bradstreet Report

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JRSlawn, Jan 17, 2005.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Has anyone ever been asked to produce a Dun & Bradstreet Report. One of my bids asked for one and I almost s h i t my pants

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You've got to be kidding. Who were they trying to impress - themselves?

3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

If you have any Federal Gov contracts its a requirement to be registered with Dunn & Bradstreet. I had to get a Dunns number for the NOAA office we do. Its just more paper work to do once a year.

4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

JRSlawn, what type of account was this? His profile said he's 17, so I doubted he could have a credit profile, anyway. But he's actually 18, so I guess it's possible. But I've never been asked for a report of any kind when going for post offices.

5. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

Yea I am 18 these were banks there is 50 of them that I put a bid on last I talked we are still in the running. I have some connections on this bid so we will have to wait and see. They told me I wouldn't need it but they have been requiring it from other contractors. I dunno. Tons of work here like a 12 -14 step fert and everything on the properties are to be kept perfect. I think I am also going to get there sweeping work. I figured 50.00 per bank for sweeping. Each bank will take 30min give or take including travel time they are all very very close. Will see. :) :)

6. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

Dun & Bradstreet Report is pure bs..I was asked to get one on a potential phone company...Norvergance (a+)and three months later ...bankrupt.. :redbounce

7. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

There are 2 types of credit reporting company's......

Personal - Rates your credit worthiness over 3 years by using a credit rating system. The higher the number the more likely you are to pay on your debts.
    Example....450 is bad......600 is good......700 excellent

Business - D&B(Dunn & Bradstreet) are a research holding company that companies report to on business credit worthiness. The D&B uses different types of information for ratings of companies not like the personal credit rating companies. D&B reports are used between companies that are mostly on the US stock markets. Small business owners are usually not on a D&B unless they have sent their info to D&B. Small businesses are still rated by the personal credit reporting companies due to the fact they are commonly secured by a personal (the owner) guarantor for debts.

8. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

They must have read that in the latest issue of one of those stupid magazines that stupid people buy????
    Hiring a Snow plow contractor ??????

And that is a ding bat customer you don't even want.
    Don't touch.
    RUN, Run, Run.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  9. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

You will need to have one for any goverment contract that you may want to bid on. It is not that hard to get and is just more paperwork to do. Dont get discouraged because for some of the jobs the more hoops that the customer wants you to jump through the less bidders there will be, for some of our goverment jobs there are tons of pages of forms to fill out and types of documents to produce but then when you show up to the bid meeting there are only two or three bidders there and your chances for getting the jobs are much greater. Just my two cents.

www.schmidtlawncare.com