1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumping Yard in Toronto

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pristine PM ltd, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Hi,

Does anyone know of a yard that is availible in Toronto to dump snow? We are looking into how the permit system works. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Jon

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You wont be able to dump in any City dump site. Unless your working for them and can sneak a few in;) We have a few locations (one in Brampton-Dixie/Boavird, one in Vaughan-400/Rutherford) we rent for the winter and dump snow there. I know of one closer to Etobicoke as well, but they charge huge per load. PM me if you need a dump site this winter-I may be able to help.

3. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Find a large factory parking lot, that they don't use the whole thing, Quote it low with the permission to dump snow there. Not that it ever works out, nor have we tried it, City won't let you use their dumps. Other then that, it's got be hauled out of the city most times. We have a couple lots that move snow, to another of their properties that has room to pile it up. Other then that, sometimes the trucks we hire have spots to drump it, and as we always say, it's on your truck what you do with it, we don't worry to much, as long as it's gone.

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's a great thing to tell your guys, just dump it where ever. I get pissed when I come to my own dump site and it's full of someone else's snow. At least snow melts we have pavement and roofing guys dump full loads on some of our farms.:realmad:

5. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Hah, You got me wrong, I don't tell them dump anywhere. and I hate seeing dumping of tires and other garage anywhere in the city, or outside. (I've told people off for opening the car door and dumping garage, on the lot when I was plowing)
    Our trucks don't do that, but they do sometimes have dumps, and connections to people that have land to dump in, or in the summer need a load of fill here or there. Thats one reason we like pool fill-ins, good place to get rid of 6 or 7 loads of dirt..

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Ohhh sorry, I get it now.:drinkup: