1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumping snow in Milwaukee Wi?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by The mayor, Jan 5, 2008.

1. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

I had to remove some snow for a new customer I received this past week. I was able to dump all 14 dump truck loads in the back of my friends business. I don't want to take advantage of the situation. So I wondering if this comes up again is there a place in milwaukee that I can take the snow to for a fee.
  2. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I don't know of any - you used to be able to dump at the lakefront, but they stopped that. I usually stack somewhere on site. Don't know what i would do after that. I guess worst case is go 25 miles south and dump on my property. Trucking costs would suck though.:cry:
  3. GFX

GFX Member

Hey Duane. Where in Milwaukee? What size dump truck loads?

We have a place in West Allis where we can dump on site. New account we got this year requires us to remove snow within 24 hours. A 3" snow fall we haul out about 100 quad and tandem axles. I can check into possibly getting you to dump there if the location would work out. The place is plenty big. With all the snow in Dec. we had about a 1/3 of the area full. Always got loader there to make more room if necessary.
  4. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

anyone have any new information on this topic? normally we have room on most of our properties to stack snow but this year we have a few that are going to require it hauled out, we have room at our shop in waukesha, but the properties are in west allis, anyone?