1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dumping a truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MusGuy, Dec 3, 2001.

1. MusGuy

MusGuy Member

I want to sell one of my trucks, and I do not know which way to go.... It is an older truck 1985, with a newer motor, and etc... a plow on etc.... should I part it out or sell it out right... It is not running right now cause of a bad lead to the starter, but I want to dump the truck... I am getting out.... So which way?

Mike

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

If you want to get the most for it,it better run,so start be getting the starter lead fixed,if thats the problem.A running truck is worth much more than one tha runs but needs a lead,so the potential buyer cant actually hear it run.Clean it up rel good,paint any surface rust real quick,and i always paint the chassis of a 4x4,since its so visable,I powerwash it,then use rustoleaum medium black,thru a cheap spray gun.If ther truck is junk,and not worth your time,sell it as is,for a couple hundred,and be done with it.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You might try parting it out if you don't mind a hull and pieces sitting around for months. You will usually see the glass go first, then maybe the engine, transmission and rear axle. Then sell the shell to a junk yard. I'm with John on this, fix the starter lead or sell it for junk.