1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DumperDogg w/ Spreader VS Downeaster

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by spunkmeyer, Jul 14, 2010.

1. spunkmeyer

spunkmeyer Junior Member
    from NE US

So I'm looking at getting an insert/spreader combo, and I'm trying to decide between Buyers and Downeaster. Downeaster is more established and tested, but there is a DumperDogg/SaltDogg dealer closer (45 min vs 1 1/2 hrs) and the DumperDogg combo is $6650 vs $7590 for the Downeaster with dual controller. Both 8' SS, both power up, power down.

I guess my biggest hesitation is that I'm worried that the spreader's first model going to have a lot of faults in the design, like other new products. Is Buyers using new technology and ideas, or are they using a tried and true design?

Anyone care to share their opinions?
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

go with the downeaster. They are proven. I went with the alum truckcraft insert to save on weight, but if I did not get a deal on my combo I would have gone with the downeaster. Good luck.
  3. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

From what I have seen & know of Buyers (Snow Dogg, etc) they tend to use tried & true designs, changing aslittle as possible. Personally I wopuld go with whatever has a better local dealer.