1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dump valve thingy

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by driftbuster, Jan 8, 2004.

1. driftbuster

driftbuster Junior Member

Does anyone have pictures or explain how they installed the dump valve into thier spreader as was posted in two much salt thread? I email the guy but did not get a return from him. If you have pics or can explain please email to
    thanks Dirftbuster
  2. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

I emailed you a while back, I guess you didn't get it. I don't have any pics, but call SnowEx (they don't have a website) at 1-800-725-8377 and ask them to send you their accessory brochure for their spreaders. They sell an item called a "Gate Assembly", it is the same thing as my RV Dump Valve (the RV Dump Valve is $5.00 in an RV store) and then you just modify the blade to fit around your auger if your motor is underneath the hopper, or if your motor is in the hopper you just glue the valve onto the throat. I really have to get a digital camera, sorry about not having pics...:cry: