1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PremierLand, Apr 10, 2006.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Got it tonight, taking the lettering off tomorrow, sanding/grinding down the dump box and re-painting it, then re-lettering it. I gotta clean out the inside too, oh I got a 8.5 Western Pro Plow too. I'll take more pic's as progress continues if interested.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  2. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

sure hwy not take some pics of the prgress as u go
  3. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Of course we're interested. Definately post some pics as you go. I'd love to see the before and after of a fun project. Nice looking truck. How many miles, what kind of shape. Looks nice.

Have fun!!

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

Congrats mark , nice ride!:drinkup: Finaly got some brains and got a Ford! ha ha jk like the color too ! hope she serves you well ! got some details ? Don't mind me asking , but what year , miles, price?
  5. PremierLand

from detroit

Its a 2001 v10 with 45k miles. I got a good deal on it.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the bed sanded down and painted along with new graphics on.
  6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

the inside of that bed looks like its in real good shape with no ridges...my work bought a used 350 PSD and had the same problem, truck was in great shape, dump body was rusted around the tailgate and corners...we grinded and sanded and painted ourself, looks real good...good luck
  7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Looking good mark. Yea my dump bed also is rusted around the back of the bed. They all are like that after 5 years old. Mine is all white, so the rust really shows bad.:mad:
  8. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Nice rig good luck on the rust thing keep us informed on the progress we love pics...:waving:
  9. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Mark
    The only problem with that truck is its a FORD. Just kidding looks good Mark.

Good Luck Mike
  11. PremierLand

from detroit

Thanks guys. I got the rust nocked off today and the rest of the vinyl off the bed. Tomorrow Im painting the rest of the dump and putting the new graphics on.

Mike, to funny. Im sure you know me, As long as its part of the big 3, ill buy it. lol. I'll be honest though, the last chevy I had was GREAT, never had a single problem with it, I kind of regret selling it but oh well, lol. Cant have it all.
  12. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Well at least you got a western plow on it....:drinkup:
  13. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

So why did you sell the Chevy?
  14. PremierLand

from detroit

Put way to many miles on it, it was worth less than I owed. Plus I wanted an extended cab and a diesel, but then I decided to just get a work truck and personal car. The personal car is a 2001 Lincoln Continental with only 50k miles, I should have it May 15th
  15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

16. PremierLand

from detroit

Here are a few updated pic's...

Since then, I've had the dump bed RhinoLined on the OUTSIDE. It looks like a whole new truck, I'll have to get some more pic's tomorrow.
  17. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I am surprised that the previous owner let it go with the graphics still on it. Whenever I sell, trade or scrap a vehicle or a part of it that is identifiable as mine I make sure to either remove all of it ir make enough of it unrecognizable as possible. I don't want somebody going out and doing something stupid or whatever and have it attributed to me.
  18. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

He did change the door decals and phone number though. A lot of times I see people spray paint over, and then sell, which makes a mess a lot of times.
  19. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah and half the time its not even the same color spray paint
  20. PremierLand

from detroit

I bought the truck the same day I looked at it. There were 2 other people trying to buy it when I was there, but they didnt want the plow so they offered him $500 less than I was, so I ended up getting it. I needed it the next day so he didnt have time to take the decals off, so I did it all myself.

The truck is out making money now, but I'll get some recent pic's later on.