1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Truck license plate question

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Jun 26, 2013.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Guys,
    I have a dump that is 28,000gvwr . I went to get my new plates tonite and they say they only have 26,000 or 30,000....I went with 26K for now so as not to be overweight until I get this figured out....Is this a MO thing ? Have any of you never gotten your correct plates?
    Thanks,
    Steve

2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

just sounds kinda odd we pay by weight here in ma commerical plate then so much per the gvw I have never heard my friends saying this with all the trucks they own.

3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

If your truck is capable of 28k but you register it at 26k then you are leaving 2k on the table. Register it for 30k, and only load it to 28k. If you ever get pulled in a scale they should go by whichever is less between axle rating and tag rating.

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

What that IMAGE guy said.

5. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's all well and fine till you go somewhere to get material and some idiot doesn't know that wet sand weighs a hell of a lot more than topsoil. That being said, I'd do exactly as you suggested.