1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jazak, Mar 20, 2006.

1. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I am looking to purchase a 05 2500 GMC 4x4 8' bed pickup. I want to put a dump bed kit in NOT a dump insert. If you have put any in or used any let me know what you guys think about them and the better maufacturers of them. Both trucks are the same ones blue -shown the other is tan.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

There have been several listed in recent months on ebay (new old stock). Take a peek there.
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I wouldnt get a dump kit, it'll lead to the bed twisting and getting mangled up. To each his own though.
  4. jazak

jazak Member
    from NJ

I would rienforce it since I used to be a welder a could probobley do that myself. Also I want to use it for personal use and I think it looks nicer.
  5. denver30

denver30 Junior Member

Dump Kit - Fasdump

Have you checked out the Fasdump http://www.fasdump.com? It's a lot cheaper than other dumps and doesn't require hydraulics.
  6. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

LOL. I couldnt even imagine doing that in someones driveway. That seems like one BAD idea, not to mention bad accuracy. lol. But if it works then idk.
  7. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

Is that from magnum trucks?
  8. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

With my luck I would end up hitting a tree with the thing or while backing up in a parking lot the thing would dump! Seems like with a little work it is a decent concept for the homeowner or something to use on the farm. Wonder what that does to your truck, especially that little 2WD half ton in the videos?!?!?
  9. denver30

denver30 Junior Member

Re: First Time Out

The video clips show the Fasdump after the safety tie-downs were taken off. The Fasdump should only be used with the tailgate up and the load secure. The Fasdump has been used over 200 times without losing one load and without any damage to the truck! It actually helps protect the truck bed.
  10. Janitor

Janitor Junior Member

Purchased FasDump kit

Hey I bought one of those FasDump kits and its pretty easy to put together. I use it all the time for my side jobs...saves me a lot of time. Haven't had any problems with it so far, so I recommend it.