1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dump inserts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joe Lombardo, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I am interested in purchasing a dump insert for my 2004 Ford F-350 does anyone currently use one and what are your thoughts on the make you currently own. I know you can get a tailgate sander installed which I might look into later. Any info or comments you might have would be appreciated
  2. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

I Have a Ez dumper and it is probably one of the best investments I have ever made. The Ez Dumper sells for around 2000$ new, BUT starts to rust in a few short years. For 4000$ you can get an aluminum insert which is very light, won't rust, and will save on the Gas because of the weight. Good Luck
  3. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

4. crewcutenterprises

crewcutenterprises Member

Ive looked into the EZ Dumper insert also.

Price is 2000 plus 300 install

or for a clean look they have the 8 foot bed dump's They make your truck bed a dumpdumps upto 3 tons..

Anyone have one installed? Pictures on a f250/350
  5. uptown

uptown Junior Member

We just bought the truck mate with the sand/salt spreader very happy with it but if you do a lot of sand better look twice at the conveyor belt type. Wet sand didn't work real well.;)
  6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I talked to a landscaper with the aluminum easydumper last summer. He was very happy with it. It was on an F-350 and he said he can carry and dump way more then the truck is rated for.
    Not that any of us would EVER carry more then the trucks rated for.It looked pretty cool too, he had a setup to slide overhead ladder racks into pockets too.
  7. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Hey friend I have the stainless steel Dumper made by EZ-Dumper I love it. It can lift 6000 pounds to a 60 degree angle, it weighs 850pounds so good counter balance for the plow on front, it never needs to be painted and it looks great on my dodge 2500. Now I am going to say it before someone else does no I did not put 6000 pounds in it the most i had was 2000 maybe 3000 but the truck had no problem with either amount. The price was 2600 dollars from a dealer in Smithfield RI so I had to drive about an hour to pick it up. The best about any of them is that mine installs and removes by removing 4 bolts and disconnecting a positive and negative wire in case you ever want to remove it hope this helps:D
  8. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

I didn't know EZ Dumper made an Aluminum unit
  9. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

They do not it is made out of stainless steel, Truckcraft makes the alum one
  10. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

What price on a stainless ez dumper?
  11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the easy dumper is good they have another that use a air bag 2000 is cheaper then going full hydraulic dump
  12. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The landscaper I talked to called it an easy dumper, maybe it was stainless, it's was not a painted one I know that. He really like the fact he could drop stuff at a job and one guy and not have to hand unload stuff. Like tools, mulch and a laborer and then leave.
  13. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

Dumper insert

I made a few calls today to price dump inserts the lowest price I got was $1995 installed (EZ Dumper, Steel, 725lbs.), $2645 for Stainless (850lbs) and $4300 installed for a Truckcraft Alum (400lbs.) Considering the use it will get the steel one sounds like a better deal.
  14. crewcutenterprises

Where are u located that you found it installed for 1995, around here in Md there 2200 plus 300 install

Anyuone used the dump kit out of the Northern catalog??

Dump hoist
  15. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I am located on the Massachusetts/New Hampshire border. The company I called was EZ Dumper & Trailers out of Smithfield Rhode Island. If you e-mail me directly I'll give some more information.
  16. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

NE Trailers in N. Smithfield, RI sells truck craft units for $1795 including the $300 headboard. Bought one and love it. $2040 out the door including installation and tax.
  17. crewcutenterprises

Hey Any picture of the truck craft one installed??

Thanks alot

18. elite1

elite1 Senior Member

I am buying back the one I sold with my truck when I bought it off a freind(landscaper)- maxi dump, 800#-steel-8,000 dump and for only $1,200- what a deal.

I would consider installing it your self. I will take mine off in the winter. It is only a power cable, plug and holes in the frame with 4 bolts. The hardest part is putting it in the back- a Tow truck will work, and has for me.
  19. crewcutenterprises

How many yards of ay mulch will a long bed dump insert with cab high sideboards hold?? 4 or 5 yards??

Thanks and what is the payload capacity of a 99 f250 like 2000 lbs?? who needs a dump that will dump 8000 lbs.. ??

maybe some dumb questions
  20. Nfd9606

Nfd9606 Junior Member

I also have the steel EZ-Dumper that I bought at EZ-Dumper and trailer sales in Smithfield, RI. With the side boards I built for it, it will hold 5 yards of mulch. And it dumps it with no problem. I would highly recommend it. As for the stainless one, I think it's a waste of money. The frame under the whole unit is still made of steel so I don't see where it will last any longer. If the whole unit was made of stainless it would definitely be worth it. Also, Pathfinder who makes plows also makes dump inserts. They have a tailgate sander that looks awesome, only if EZ-Dumper would make one for their inserts. It is basically the Fisher Speedcaster 2 without the hopper.