1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dump insert F/S

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Hiwire, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

I have a used EZ Dumper insert. I picked it up because the price seemed right. With the weather and other projects I have on my plate I dont know how long it will be before I can get to dealing with it. It is well used but appears to be solid and complete. It even includes the brackets for mounting. It also has a mesh head board. It looks like it needs 2 patches welded in, maybe 3"X3" each. One is on the bottom and one on the rub rail. Also looks like the tailgate can use having the "panes" replaced or reinforced. If you werent concerned with perfection I would say it can also be easily used just the way it is. It also has extenders welded on for raising the side boards a foot. The total inside is rhino lined. If I cant get $1000 for it I will keep it and spend my free time with a sander and a can of rustoleum. Just figured I would put the feelers out there before I unload it from the truck. I will try to get some pics but there isnt a lot to show with it still on the truck and not wired in.
    Ray

2. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

would this fit in a short box?

3. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

+ 1 what size is it? post pics please

4. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Sorry I didnt mention it is an 8 ft insert. I have it sitting on a Ford and it fits like a glove but I know they are made to be universal and will fit any make with an 8 ft box. Ill take some pictures but they wont show much since its still on the truck. You can see what it looks like by going to the EZ Dumper web site. Like I said it is far from being in new condition but basically sound. I have not raised it but was told it works.
    Ray

5. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

ok I have some pictures Ill have to send them 1 at a time. If I reduce them it wont show what few details you can see.
    Ray

100_5441a.jpg

6. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

The frame of the gate is fine. Its just the sheet metal "panes" that should be patched or replaced.
    Ray

100_5444a.jpg

7. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Thats the best picture I can get of the bottom. You can see the one area I can find that might need patching. It is on the right rear. For scale, the yellow spot in the center of it is a frozen cigarette butt.
    Ray

100_5447a.jpg

8. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

The rail on the drivers side appears solid.

100_5445a.jpg

9. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Last picture. I doesnt show much but its all I have. In the first picture you can see the other hole. It is about 2" square just behind the tie down. If you have questions feel free to PM me. I also want to be clear that though I was told that it works, I have NOT seen in raised. The motor does not look very rusted though I realize that doesnt mean anything. At this price it would be sold as is.
    Ray

100_5446a.jpg

10. mrdeere160

mrdeere160 Junior Member

insert

id take it if you were a little closer

11. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Im headed to Chicago in a couple weeks I wish I could fit it in my van. Sorry

12. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

If no one is going to jump on this I will advertise it elsewhere also.
    Ray

13. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

This is still for sale.
    Ray

14. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

can you measure the length and width. and maybe get me a close up so i can see the details of the holes?

in the last pic....is that sitting all the way down in the bed? the rails shouldnt sit up that high every one i've seen is flush with the bed rails

15. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

That is actually sitting on a pallet in the truck. It is about 3-4 inches higher than it would be installed. It was loaded with a bobcat ant it bade it easier to load. Ill get better pictures of the 2 holes.
    Ray

16. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Pilot,
    I sent you a P/M.
    Ray

17. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

still available

18. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

bump......

19. Hiwire

Hiwire Member

Still for sale

20. hemisareslow

hemisareslow Member

I would be interested in taking a look at it...I live in fulton...call me at 427 5682...thanks...mike