1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dump Insert Dealer and Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Pristine PM ltd, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Anyone here know of any good dump insert dealers in Rochester? I also am not sure what is the best brand. I have looked into the downeaster, ezdumper, and truckcraft. I like the truckcraft the best, but I believe it is the most expensive.

2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I know a few people who had dump inserts, they weren't that happy with them. To get any capacity, you need a 1 ton truck, as the insert adds weight. Unless you put sides on it, the insert does not hold that much.

Try looking into a dump trailer. It might work better for you.
  3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

I have a new EZ dumper in my 05 F350 with sides i put 5 yrds of mulch and i have had 7k lbs of gravel in it,and it dumped it [even though the hoist is rated for 3 tons]$2495 with the tarp and cab shield.
  4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I have been very happy with my Truckcraft...

EchoValley had a bad experience with them, said it wouldn't dump 5 yrds of mulch (or something similar). I know they have made improvements in the last 2 years. One being, they now run full positive and negative cables to the battery rather than relying on the chassis for ground. Maybe that was the problem with it not dumping heavy loads.

Mine has dumped anything I have thrown at it, including some serious weight I should not have had in my truck. Sometimes if you are taking material away from a job, you can load a wee bit too much.

A Truckcraft with cab protector, installed will run you about $2100 in RI

My last one I bought without the cab protector, carry out for $1745.
  5. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Well I am running two Downeaster Dumpers and I could not be happier.

If you are just dumping and going than Truckcraft is fine. I have talked to several people that have spent hours trying to get the dump to come down when shifting a load. Again never a issue with jsut dumping but when shift it get stuck up.

Never had that issue with the Downeaster but the lift design is different. Truck craft runs the lift cyc. in the front. Most others dumper are sisor lift where the lift/drop point if under the load. Also both of my dumper are grounded the the chasis and they work fine.
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi 4evergreenlawns where did you buy your Downeaster at and did you do the install yourself. How much was it with the salt spreader.

Thanks Mike
  7. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

I get them directly from the MFG. Cost was about $5,000.00 shipped to me.

Check out there web page http://www.sandspreader.com/, give Bill Smith a call and tell him I gave you his number.

I did the install myself. Very easy if you have somewhere to work and a SS or forklift. The install guide is easy to follow.

I have seriously been considering inquiring about becoming a dealer as there is not dealer support in the are what so ever but just about every one that see these unit asks about getting one.

Good luck.
  8. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Thank You for the info.

Regards Mike