1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dump body will not raise.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lawn king, Jan 31, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

My pump has plenty of power. disconnected hydraulic line, plenty of oil going to the piston but she won't raise. I woul'd appreciate any info anyone may have to solve this situation, The atf is not frozen. Thankx in advance. Scott.

2. Rick Loncosky

Rick Loncosky Senior Member
    from 17557

Try disconnecting the line or loosen it on the the rod end and see if you get oil out of that port, when trying to raise/lift. If you do then the o-ring is shot on the piston and you have a major by-pass. Hope this helps, Rick.

3. lawn king

Thankx rick, now that i think about it, the oil flows through the piston and returns to the pump so the problem is in the piston. The piston is less than 2 years old, bummer! I will post her'e again when i get to the heart of this problem. Perhaps it will help others when they encounter a similar situation, thankx again,Scott.

4. landcare pa

landcare pa Member

also check your pivot points on your hoist to make sure they are greased and are working,we had a problem with one of our stakebodys, the pivot wasnt moving and would not allow the body to come down

5. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Is It Pto or electic/hydro?

6. lawn king

It's electric hydraulic,venco hoist. I spoke to a guy today that works for BFI he thinks that the spool valve is hung up in the middle, no up or down? I'm waiting to hear from the body upfitter about a warranty repair.

7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Can you get to it. If that is the problem it might be iced up like the solenoids on plow. I know on my electric hoist, the problem I had was the ground.

8. lawn king

I'ts not electric or ice, i thought i might hav'e had a frozen line so i put the truck in the shop overnight with the heat on 55. No deal, same situation, the worst is that i can't get all the salt powerwashed under ther'e. That's keeping me awake at night!

9. lawn king

I went to the new england grows show today in boston. I spoke to the guy that did the upfitting on my dumptruck,he said he would take care of the problem on warranty,I be happy. Thank you J C Maddigan truck upfitters, harvard MA.