1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dump body pump

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Morrissey snow removal, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

on my f350 the 12v dump pump seems to go up slow is there a way to turn up the pressure or is it the pump thats getting weak thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well....did you ck all the electrics first?
    Just had issue with one of ours about a week ago. Ended up putting on a new cable end for the pos on the solenoid

3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Electrical side is usually the problem. Clean all the connections. Pay particular attention to the ground side. Remove and clean both ends of battery connectIons on pos and neg. More often than not it's the neg side that's the problem.

4. Morrissey snow removal

thanks guys i will cheeck it today

5. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Are all the joints well greased? I've had em sieze up thinking it was a weak pump, but it was just working overtime.

6. Morrissey snow removal

yea it comes down great just slow going up